Carnival is getting closer! So to make the wait just a little easier, we’re whipping up a bowl of traditional Brazilian Feijoada. Thanks to allrecipes.com for this 5-star recipe! You can sign up and create a profile here to save and like your favorite dishes.
- 2 bunches curly parsley (8 ounces), thick stems discarded
- 1/3 cup garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 pounds trimmed center-cut beef tenderloin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, combine the parsley and garlic with the 3/4 cup of olive oil and the vinegar and pulse until smooth. Refrigerate the chimichurri for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, make a 1/4-inch, lengthwise cut in the top of the tenderloin. Turning the tenderloin and rolling it out as you go, spiral-cut the meat until you have a long, rectangular piece about 1/4 inch thick.
- Light a grill. Season both sides of the tenderloin with salt and pepper. Rub all but one-third of the chimichurri over the meat and grill over moderately high heat, turning once, about 4 minutes for medium-rare meat; let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the remaining chimichurri and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the steak.
Hungry for more? Well, now’s a great time to stock up, because we’re offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders that include our Brazil Cerrado for the month of February. Just use the code “carnival” at checkout.
But hurry! Offer ends 2/28/17.